vendredi 9 octobre 2015

Building the AIM DH106 Comet 4C - part 1

Hi there,

I have removed my blog on the AIM Comet 4, as most of it was based on misapprehensions; the chief one being that I am actually an "experienced modeller", or indeed any good at modelling at all.

I had an extensive chat with Neil Gaunt of AIM recently in which he explained where I went wrong and offered tons of sound advice for correcting the model and finishing up with something decent.

He was extremely helpful and convinced me that what I had seen as faults in the model were actually just inexperience on my part. While I would have been happier to be told that at 16 than at 52, I am quite willing to accept that, as it is patently obvious to me that I don't know my way around in modelling.

So if you've seen the blog in its previous state, please forget it, because in a few month's time, the model will look like this:

So apologies to AIM for dragging their name through the mud unfairly, and apologies to the experienced modelling world for wasting their time with a matter of inexperience.









Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire